This is one moist and absolutely fabulous cake!
I tired it on a whim and so very happy I did.
I simply topped the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar and a strawberry even though the original recipe calls for a chocolate ganache.
DH enjoyed the cake and was totally amazed that there were bananas in the cake.
You can check out the original recipe here and see the ingredients for the ganache.
This is one great cake that will sure to become a fast favorite for you. :D
* Exported from MasterCook *
Chocolate Banana Cake
Recipe By: Joy of Baking
Serving Size : 16
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray with a non stick vegetable spray, a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. The batter will be quite thin and it is alright.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
"Joy of Baking.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving: 134 Calories; 8g Fat (51.1% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 27mg Cholesterol; 240mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- Easy to top with powdered sugar and a strawberry.