We love blueberry season.
We have been going to a local farmers market this summer and enjoying the wonderful fruits.I had printed out a recipe last month and could not wait to get a chance to try it.
(recipe is from Lisa's Dinnertime Dish)The last sad looking banana that was in the house was put to good use and tossed into the batter.
These muffins were packed with wonderful blueberry and banana flavor.
The sweetness comes from the topping and the muffin part is nice and light.
I made four small loaves of bread so that we can enjoy a "summer" treat in the winter.
My slivered almonds came from: Oh! Nuts always fresh and have an excellent almond flavor.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Blueberry Banana Muffins with Almond Streusel Topping
Recipe By: Lisa
Serving Size: 24
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter -- softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk, 2% lowfat
1 pint blueberries
1 medium banana
1/4 cup butter -- softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin tins with baking cups or with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and milk.
- Set that aside, as well.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat in.
- Mash banana in a bowl and set aside.
- Alternate between flour mixture and yogurt mixture to mixing bowl, a little at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently fold blueberries and banana.
- In a small mixing bowl prepare the streusel topping.
- Combine the brown sugar, oatmeal, butter with a fork until crumbly. Then gently add in the almonds.
- Divide the batter between the 24 cups and top with almond streusel.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the muffin tins and cool.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 157 Calories; 8g Fat (43.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
- Banana can be removed from the recipe.
- Toss the blueberries in 2 tsp of flour.
- This will help stop them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.