This is one very tasty chicken dinner recipe that will fast become a favorite.
I made this a few days before the boys left for Pa and it was a huge hit with them.
There is one in the house who is not a fan of mayonnaise or spinach and the other was not too sure of the crackers but in the end they ate it all and were were looking for more. :D
The crushed crackers added a wonderful crunch and taste to the chicken.
Fast and tasty this was one meal that pleased all.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Smothered Italian Chicken
Recipe By: Taste of Home Kitchen
Serving Size: 4
Categories: Main Meal
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
22 Triscuits - fire roasted -- crushed
3/4 cup plus three tablespoon garlic herb mayonnaise -- divided
4 medium boneless chicken breast
4 cups baby spinach
4 slices part skim milk mozzarella cheese
- Place crushed crackers and 3/4 cup mayonnaise in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip chicken in mayonnaise and then coat with crackers.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovers, at 375 degrees fro 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave safe bowl, combine the spinach and remaining mayonnaise.
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until spinach is wilted.
- Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; top each with a cheese slice.
- Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with pepper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas :
- Herb mayo - I mixed together garlic, onion, black pepper, oregano to create my own herb mayonnaise.