There is nothing like a good banana muffin in the morning.
As always, I am on the lookout for new muffin recipes especially those that have a crumb topping.
Right.. these are quick to whip up and have ready in thirty five minutes.
These muffins are a moist wonderful breakfast treat!
I have to say I added nuts and vanilla to the batter and I am so glad that I did.
Give this recipe a try and enjoy a great breakfast.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Banana Crumb Muffins
Recipe By: Lisa Kreft
Serving Size: 8 Preparation Time: 15 min
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas -- mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg -- lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter -- melted
1/3 cup brown sugar -- packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup walnuts -- chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, vanilla and walnuts.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 271 Calories; 12g Fat (40.3% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 456mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
- Cup of tea or coffee.
- Nice tall glass of milk
- I added in the walnuts and vanilla for extra flavor.
- The other item I used was a larger muffin tin. I would say that you will make 10 muffins if you use a regular muffin tin.