This past week DH was away which meant it was the perfect time to test out some new recipes on the kiddos. I was sort of surprised that this one was a huge hit with Nate for he is not a fan of tomatoes but he went to town on this dish.
The meal was filling, flavorful and made a HUGE amount. I can tell you that I went ahead and froze a good portion for a later date. Most of the ingredients you probably have in your kitchen and the whole meal can be put together in less than 10 minutes.
|The soup, butter, milk, parsley, and egg.|
* Exported from MasterCook *
Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole
Recipe By: Taste of Home Simple & Delicious
Serving Size : 10
Categories: Dinner Ideas
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
7 ounces elbow macaroni
1 pound ground beef, extra lean
1 medium onion -- chopped
15 ounces Italian tomato sauce
1 large egg
10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken 98% Fat Free Condensed Soup
1 1/2 cups milk, 2% low fat
2 tablespoons butter -- melted
1 tablespoon parsley -- fresh, minced
4 ounces cheddar cheese -- shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soup, milk, butter and parsley; pour over macaroni.
- Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 250 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
"Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 296 Calories; 16g Fat (49.2% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 344mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.