Mmm... roast beef
You can never, ever go wrong making a roast for dinner.
I found a roast beef recipe two weeks ago and just had to try it.
Normally I just place it in my Nesco roaster with a bit of garlic, pepper and perhaps yellow mustard over top. This recipe however used tomatoes and onion soup and it had to be made.
The end result was one wonderful, flavorful mouthwatering beef roast.
Do you see it up there?!
Topped with that mouth watering gravy...mmmm...gravy.
This is really one recipe you will want to try and make again & again.
original recipe was called Family Favorite Beef Roast
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By: Jeanie Beasley
Serving Size: 8
Categories: Dinner Ideas
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 pounds beef chuck roast -- boneless
14 1/2 ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup 98% FF
14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes -- low sodium
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
- Cut roast in half
- Transfer to a 5 quart roaster.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and soup mix; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan.
- Bring liquid to a boil
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mintues or until thickened.
- Serve with roast.
"Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 517 Calories; 36g Fat (63.3% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 567mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
- The original recipe calls for beefy onion soup mix but I simply used onion soup mix.
- I used my stick blender to cut up the tomatoes a bit.
- Excellent with green beans, rolls, tossed salad, boiled or baked potatoes.