Mmmmm.... fried rice.
Everyone in our house loves fried rice but we know that it is not always good for us. I found this recipe last May and finally gave it a whirl.
Please make sure that you look for the lower fat ground turkey (93/7) not just any ground turkey.
This was one big hit! Tasty and oh.so.easy to create. I was told that I could make it again and again - so I would say that it was a hit. :D
* Exported from MasterCook *
Turkey Fried Rice
Recipe By : Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Magazine
Serving Size : 6
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 large eggs
1/2 pound ground turkey
6 large green onions -- chopped
3 cups rice
1/4 cup cilantro -- chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet use cooking spray to coat the pan - cook eggs - like scrambled - then place on plate.
- In the same skillet, cook turkey and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the rice, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; stir into skillet.
- Chop egg into smaller pieces; stir into skillet and heat.
- Serve & enjoy
"Taste of Home Simple & Delicious"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 467 Calories; 8g Fat (16.1% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 78g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 494mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- I used Jasmine rice due to it having a bit less of carbs than white rice.(recipe does not reflect this change)
- I omitted the bean sprouts due to them not being liked in this house. :)
- I added about another 3 TBSP of soy sauce when cooking.
- Look for the 93/7 lean ground turkey will reduce the calories.