Check out the original recipe here.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Belgian Yeast Waffles
Recipe By: King Arthur Flour
Serving Size: 5
Categories : Breakfast
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
6 tablespoons butter -- melted
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour -- King Arthur
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Heat the milk until it is very hot.
- Place it in a large mixing bowl (you'll need lots of room for expansion) and add the butter, maple syrup, salt and vanillla, stirring to combine; it's ok if the mixture isn't perfectly smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour; the mixture will begin to bubble.
- You can cook the waffles at this point, or refrigerate the batter overnight to cook waffles the next day. (Make sure it is in a bowl large enough for it to at least double in size.)
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Spray with non-stick vegetable oil and pour 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter ( or the amount recommended by the manufacturer) on the center of the iron.
- Close the lid and bake for the recommended among of time, till the waffle is golden brown.
- It took about 6 minutes for the waffles to be don..
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- The recipe calls for milk but I like to use buttermilk.
- I also place this batter in the refrigerator overnight when I