With the weather report calling for snow today DH had a request for some sort of homemade bread.
Off I went to the King Arthur website to see what I could make that would fill his request.
The request was for a bread that was sort of crunchy, soft inside and good flavor.
I found a recipe for a No-Fuss Focaccia Bread, sounded good, did not take that long to make and we all enjoy it. (They were my simple requests.)
I decided to add in a mix of Italian Seasoning (Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Garlic) and top with a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese.
This bread turned out perfect!
Nice and light on the inside, a nice crispy crust and was a snap to make.
This was one loaf that was a big hit in this house and will be made again, and again, and again.
Yes, it was that good. :-D
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By: King Arthur Flour
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups water -- warm
3 tablespoons olive oil -- * plus more for drizzling
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -- used King Arthur
1 tablespoon yeast
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese -- shredded
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, or other dried herbs that you desire.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 170 Calories; 4g Fat (21.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 228mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat.