This gem of a recipe is quick, easy and quite tasty!
I received it (recipe) in my email last week and feeling a bit adventurous and not really knowing what I wanted to make for dinner I opted to give it a try.
Now Mr. Fussy Eater (Nate) took his plate when served it to him, sniffed it, curled his lip up and asked, " Uh, what is this mom?"
My simple reply - dinner kiddo.
The kid that sniffed his dinner ate his first portion, had seconds and then states that it was pretty good.
I will take that thank you.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Cheesy Beef Tetrazzini
Recipe By: Glady's Van Beek
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories: Main Meal
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 small onion -- chopped
15 ounces tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces cream cheese -- softened-one package
8 ounces sour cream, light
1/4 cup sliced green onions
7 ounces spaghetti -- thin cooked and drained
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 min.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream, until blended. Stir in green onions, and spaghetti sauce. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart sprayed baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
"Taste of Home.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 612 Calories; 39g Fat (57.5% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 694mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Serving Ideas: Nice crusty bread on the side.
- Can use light cream cheese to cut the calories even more.
- I would add a touch of garlic in this recipe.